Thursday, October 23, 2014

...of Family Weekend!

This last weekend at UNI was Family Weekend. This is a yearly tradition when
families are encouraged to visit campus, go to the football game, and be involved in
different activities on campus. I was so excited for Family Weekend! My parents were able
to visit me, and they brought my sister and my best friend with them (who is pretty much
like family). Many families were able to visit on Friday, but my family came on Saturday. My
sister and cousin also go to school here, and we all got together before the game to hang out
and tailgate! My aunt and uncle were here, and they made the most delicious hot dogs! I
loved being able to spend time with my family, and it was so good to see them. After we ate
our food and played bags, we went to the game.

Even though the Panthers lost, they put up a really good fight! I loved being able to teach my little sister and my friend different cheers and traditions at the football game, and they had a really good time too! Their favorite part of the game was halftime because they absolutely loved our band! I
was able to show them around campus too, and I was so excited to show them how
beautiful campus is in the fall! We saw so many families around campus last weekend, and
it was awesome to see all the support students here have. Overall, Family Weekend was
wonderful, and I loved sharing UNI with my awesome family!

-Star Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment