Wednesday, April 1, 2015

...of Studying and Time Management!



Are you nervous about studying and time management in college? I know I was really nervous about this when I came here, and I have found some tips and tricks to help with classwork!

  1. Use your planner. You will receive a planner from the university at the beginning of the year, and it is so important to write down important dates. Go through your syllabus at the beginning of the year and write down all the due dates and test dates!


  2. Make a to-do list. This is something that has helped me so much. I use my planner to write down important dates and assignments from class that day. I will make a daily to-do list to write down everything I need to accomplish that day. This ranges from assignments and studying to cleaning my room. It feels so good to cross out the list and be done at the end of the day, so this might help you too!
  3. Make a friend (or more) in your class. Get to know the person next to you! I have made a lot of my friends in my classes, and this really helps around test time. Finding a study partner can really help you in class. Having someone you can ask for help on anything assigned in your class is really nice!
  4. Find what studying technique works best for you. Studying is different for everyone. There are a few techniques you can use. One is flashcards. This can be on note cards or online on Quizlet. Another is writing important things down on a piece of paper a lot of times until it is memorized. Another thing to do is outline and highlight your notes, both from lectures and from the book. There are other ways as well, so be sure to find one that works for you!
  5. Don’t stress. I know this one may seem impossible, but if you manage your time throughout the day and allow yourself enough time to study, you will be less stressed. Study until you feel confident, and try not to overwork yourself.



These are just some things I wish I knew when I came to college because they have really helped me with my classwork. The biggest thing is knowing what works best for you to study, so use different techniques and see what works best!

-STAR Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment